Thread: QB78D? There's one that may be better coming- the Xisico XS60C

Merci and thanks..
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

I guess you all need to switch to Linux

Windoze

Anytime Duke
    Sean

I'm riding the Penguin sorta (opera 11.65 or whatever it is now), and Eric's links are as dead as anyone else's.

As to the subject material- BLICK!!! ..as far as looks go. Conceptually, they're a monsterpiece... A lot of thought has gone into the concept. I'd love to see one in person. That rear sight looks like it would easily adapt to a peep... and the gas tube is what one should be now.

I'm still havin a ball with my 78-D. I like it a lot. My HPA tube will be ready for pick up after one p.m. on friday... oh boy, oh boy. Haven't been this excited in a while...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Ok... I take back what I said... The thing is fugly. The rear sight looks like Quasimodo's hump... The breech looks solid... but I'm almost ready to call this a brownbagger...

Seriously though, aside from the rear open sight and the SKS 1950's stock, this doesn't look too bad... Maybe with another stock it would be a bit more palatable...

i love it........ uniqueness is my weakness

http://www.network54.com/Forum/11381...o+XS60C+please

Attachment 169

see if this works

Repost for pics100_1344.jpg100_1350.jpg
    Sean

I hope we can soon get these in .22 in Canada non-PAL. I had asked Sniper back in Dec 11 if he ever got any to sell, and unfortunately not. Since there are no Ruger LGR at Lebaron either.... I conclude they haven't made it here yet, so we wait. Can't say I'm a bit disapointed with mt AR2078 - quite the opposite, but an XS60S .22 would be a nice new toy to play with.....From what I read on the USA forums, at first the .22 were about 530 fps, but with various "suggestions" to the manufacturer Zhejiang xinhua something, form the likes of MM, seems they have improved the muzzle velocity in later versions and will have to detune to meet our non-PAL specs.
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

I dunno- Ruger might influence the Chinese manufacturer on what to build for them- but all the Xisico-originating stuff is advised to the manufacturer by a Canadian who spends half his time in Texas, the other half in Canada- and when I spoke to him the other day he seemed pretty firm on leaving it below 500fps in .22 caliber. Alot of people in the U.S. have claimed to have had some "influence" with the Chinese manufacturer- but when the cards come down, this "influence" seems to have been ignored in the past. As we know from the QB7x's- a few little tweaks and they will be over 500fps, but the manufacturer lets them out at just under 500fps- perhaps using crappy transfer port seals and the like intentionally just for this purpose (I really can't say for sure). I'm just saying, the 'appearance' of influence may not be reflecting reality.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

The Chinese are notorious for saying yes we can do that and yes we will do that...and then delivering the same original item. Koreans are a little better, not much.

But they are the big players on the block now if your looking for BIG steel. (I'm drawing on experience of ships here) Not to many players left in the G20 ISO 9000 crowd that want to work in rudimentary metal forming.

And China is buying and stock piling scrap steel at an alarming rate. (they buy more scrapped ships than EVERY other country combined.) This all says that soon if not now they are going to be in the drivers seat dictating the way things are going to go. But on a good note I think they are getting better year by year.

The Xsisco 60C, if you separate the action from the stock, is a fairly refined piece of work. Not unlike some similar Euro offerings. I agree they didn't do the gun any favors with that stock.

And the newest variants of the AR20xx's with the lever operated breech says to me that they are in fact trying to get to the more elite levels of refinement. The target crowd feels that the diopter sight that they put on the AR's is a perfect replica of the one found on the legendary FWB300....not bad for an item that's almost a freebie

But I agree they are frustrating....try getting a one off anchor made.
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread