ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Np2 piston bushing removal?

Np2 piston bushing removal?

Just wondering what everyone thinks about slimming down or full removal of that red bushing on the piston. Full removal make it to rough? Or maybe take half away. I just feel like it really doesnt do to much anyways. Says takes away vibration but guns without it in gas ram dont vibrate much anyways. Maybe with spring but not with a gas ram. That could add some swept volume. Btw I have a canadian steel eagle with full power kit. However I took the low powered ram it came with and put it in my benji classic and what an awesome smooth rifle. It still shoots pretty damn hard but absolutly 0 recoil i mean 0. I like it the best out of all 8 guns and its the lowest power now.......but most accurate. Kinda sounds like a pcp now lol fffpttt lol love it.

The piston in the NP2's is quite heavy compared to almost everything else out there- even the rifle the design originally came from- so that bushing may help stabilize things more than expected- but there's only one way to find out for sure...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Ya for sure i may try. But then i looked at crosmans website and they got all this new stuff. A whole bunch actually. Do you think you will get this new "elite" piston for purchase on the site? Also they have this new nitro mag they call it. Of course they are over exaggerating it all at about 30 foot pounds. Looks like maybe all this new stuff was just added or maybe i just didnt notice.

I am guessing that this new "Elite" may be more marketing than anything else. Based on the pictures, it has the same tube size as the NP2 and the Benjamin Genesis/Legacy of 15 years ago and the Benjamin SuperStreak of 10 years ago- and there really is only two ways to increase power- increase volume of air moved (if the tube is the same size, volume increase is not occurring) and the rate it is moved. It appears this Elite does not have a longer barrel than the NP2 rifles, and without creating more leverage with one, such a rifle would start to become too much of a giant PITA to cock. If the picture of the piston is accurate (i.e. it is some sort of bright blue color) perhaps it is made of aluminum or something lighter than the usual steel and painted or powdercoated (or, dare I suggest it, and this would make me a bit hesitant on buying one- plastic)- allowing the same NP2 strut to push the air volume slightly faster without messing up the piston seal. Essentially, until someone has one in hand and takes it apart to see what's what- we're only estimating.

But- Crosman never sells service parts for its products until a least a year after they come to market- so if the "Elite" starts shipping today (as an example)- parts won't be available until at least one year from today- and we have seen as long as 18 months on some products in the past.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Im just going to start saving for a pcp from your site......its time to switch to the hand pump or better yet a scuba tank......I have been looking at the .25 marauder or that armada looks pretty sweet. Springers are still fun but those pcp guns have way more range and hitting power. Ever since I accidentally put a ram from a 500 fps shockey into my benjamin classic and shot it I got a taste of smooth recoiless shooting. It wasnt even really much slower either but the gun doesnt move at all. My friend said thats how it feels to shoot a pcp, not quite but close. Since then I realised the potential accuracy with pcps and you dont have to sacrifice power. So ya long story short its time to buy one lol

+ Reply to Thread