ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: getting tanks filled.....No one will do It!!!

getting tanks filled.....No one will do It!!!

OK guys here is my problem. The local shops are happy to sell me as many and any size tank I like, but they will not fill them unless I take the dive course they offer ( prices range from $800 to 1500).

So where and how do you get your tanks filled? I am thinking I will have to buy my own compressor ($3000 with tax), just to shoot my pcp.

Help !

Mike
    Pigeon hunting

No Season, No Limits, No rules!

Money grab!.... Ask them for a sticker for the tank for "non-breathing air only".... You should be able to convince them somehow....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

The same issue came up around here a few years ago, but the dive shop ultimately came up with a waiver/disclaimer stating that I was using the tanks/air for my own purposes. The idea of requiring a dive license has no legal basis- a dive course is hardly a course in pressure vessels and gases and anyone can purchase compressed, toxic gases from industrial suppliers (Co2, nitrogen, oxygen, acetylene, etc. etc.). Maybe talk to a gas supplier as well and see if they can help.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Try the local fire hall...bring doughnuts. ;)

Al

Sometimes, people are too "smart" for their own good. As an example, I recall a few years ago walking into a local-ish store who sells all used industrial equipment- i.e. CNC's, lathes, large bandsaws and so on. I asked if in their acquisition activities if they ever came across high pressure compressors (i.e. for filling HPA/SCUBA/SCBA tanks).

The answer- "no, someone could hurt themselves with that sort of thing" ?!? 'Cause 16" of exposed bandsaw blade on a saw weighing 600lbs is totally safe? Or maybe that 60" 4hp lathe is "safe for all ages"? I think a 50-ton powered hydraulic press is also likely alot safer? How about that 14" disc circular metal saw? Or those used welding rigs over in the corner?
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

+ Reply to Thread