ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hatsan AT44s MW 10177 F/S

Hatsan AT44s MW 10177 F/S

Hatsan AT44 for sale, Synthetic stock with an adjustable butt plate. Synthetic may not sound appealing, however believe me when I say this stock looks great in person, its a very dark color, no noticeable seams and you get the advantages of a synthetic stock which doesn't swell like wood from moisture.
    Side lever 10 shot magazine which comes with an extra magazine and stock illuminated iron sights. Also included is a muzzle brake I machined which reduces down range noise since it directs air and sound sideways, this is also good for accuracy since it strips some turbulant air away from your shot as it exits the barrel.

Stock this rifle was ok, but with most of my shooting done at 45+ yards, just a 5fps variation equals a large poi at 45 yards. It only shot mid 300's stock, and was not consistent when it came to velocity.

After hours of work, I got to the point where I was shooting targets like 10-32 bolts and deck screws at 45 yards.

At 88 yards on a calm day I managed to hit a beer can nearly in the same location

What it took was as follows;

Lots of deburring, the barrels crown was ok but I polished it up a bit which helped. The transfer port in the barrel had a large burr which scraped my pellets skirts upon loading, I fixed that. The set screws in the breech for holding the barrel had burrs which ripped the orings on the barrel inside the breech, I polished those and replaced the orings.
    The two magazines had slight burrs where the oring retainer sits, which caused pellet skirt damage, I polished those.
    I discovered the barrel liked being held with only one barrel band vs two (second barrel band will be included).
    I increased the velocity by polishing my valve stem down about .001", and also plugged 3 of 6 ports in the valve which gave me a velocity of about 465 fps at a very consistent rate.

Its a very accurate rifle now! Here are some pictures.

No scope, however for an additional 40$ I will include a 4-16X40 center point scope

I will also include three unopened tins of 4.52mm jsb exact heavies 10.3gr

I may even have another half full tin sitting somewhere.

After all the work, why would I sell it... Because I dont care for .177. I tried to sell this not too long after I bought it in august, but I figured I should give it a thorough trial to be sure. I have no intention of ever getting my pal since I dont hunt, and after shooting .22 for as long as I have, I like it so much more for the retained energy down range. When it comes to hitting a pop can with .22 at 90 yards vs .177 its alot more fun having a larger shot.

Excluding the scope, thats almost 420$ of stuff plus all of the work I did to make it what it is.

I would like 300$ plus shipping (pleace contact me for a shipping quote), EMT or money order preferebly.

I would be interested in trades, but only for a .22-.25cal pcp, or perhaps a .25cal springer

Thanks for looking, pm me with any questions.

This rifle is sold!

That was fast!
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

It was a good deal!!
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

It was lol hopefully my shipping quote was accurate so I dont find a penalizing surprise when go to ship it.

Now to look for hatsan pcp V2 :)

Quote Originally Posted by chronic View Post
    Now to look for hatsan pcp V2 :)
    What are you looking at now? The BT-65 perhaps in .22 or .25!
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

I would like a bt65, just trying to decide if I want to spend an extra 2 bills on my next rifle... I know I would be happy with an at44 shooting 18.1gr jsbs in .22... Decisions!

Psssst

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by chronic View Post
    I would like a bt65, just trying to decide if I want to spend an extra 2 bills on my next rifle... I know I would be happy with an at44 shooting 18.1gr jsbs in .22... Decisions!
    If you are shooting "rested", the extra weight of the 65 may help with stability - but the 44 will do nicely. I was considering getting a 65 in .22 but have resisted because of the O/A cost and the weight ... I'm happy with my 44
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

+ Reply to Thread