ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Features of the website/forum

Features of the website/forum

For anyone who may be familiar with this sort of thing- this forum is being run on the most advanced, commercial bulletin board software available. As such, it has alot of features which many of us will need to become familiar with (myself most particularly).

Some of the key components:

Front page "Content Management"- i.e. front page headline stories, issues and news of interest to airguns/airguns in Canada.

Particularly interesting and informative posts can be converted to "Articles" on the main page to showcase such items.

Some features that may be enabled in future- i.e. a Blog feature for members. As we have not figured out all the "ins-and-outs" of this, it will not come about if/until a management structure for it can be determined.

Pictures can be saved on the forum server- not on some outside hosting service where they may be deleted or erased- i.e. no more "red x's" instead of pictures in older posts.

Full post-editing tools for members.

Advanced User Profile Management (i.e. how you can interact with the forum and other members- see your "Settings" in the above-right corner of the forum screen).

Three distinct color schemes available to view the forum in what works better for you- the super-light white/blue, the straight "black/white" layout, or the more colorful and brighter "blue/orange" layout. See the bottom left corner of the screen to view/change between them.

I find this forum is way to complicated.There seems to be no reason for all the steps needed to do anything or find anything. The other forum is so simple compared to this one. Of all the airgun forums I have been on this is the only one I have had trouble with.

Fastair you will figure it out over time. Be patient and explore the features here. I have sent two PMs but have not heard back so I am not sure that all functions are working as expected. This forum is brand new and will take some time to work out all the hiccups. Hang in there!
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

Quote Originally Posted by PACTOO View Post
    Fastair you will figure it out over time. Be patient and explore the features here. I have sent two PMs but have not heard back so I am not sure that all functions are working as expected. This forum is brand new and will take some time to work out all the hiccups. Hang in there!
    Be patient, like repoo...I mean, PACTOO, said. Knowing Eric, and being the professional he is, I'd bet that he'll have this place tip-top in no time!

I am quite sure he is open to any feedback and/or suggestions that any of us may have, as long as you are civil about it...

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

The basic navigation is no different than any other forum. That being said- because you can do "everything" without ever having to leave the forum (i.e. upload pictures/post them/etc.) things are a bit more complicated initially. Stick with a screen style/colour that works for you and things will start to come together. As I have found out- if we just stick with what we are comfortable with, we never get anywhere...

Thanks for the invite.

It is all starting to come together with help fom Eric and time spent messing around.

I have a question guys. If I open the home page of the forum without logging in, the initial post of a thread appears at the top of the first page . When I log in the threads turn upside down i.e the opening post of the thread is moved to the last page at the bottom of that page. It's just a pain going to the last page every time I want to see how a thread started and reading "uphill"

Cheers

DaveD
    If you don't live on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

You have your "Preferences" set differently than the default. Go into the "Settings" menu (top right of screen) and fiddle about in the "General Settings" in the left-hand menu box to see what you can customize- one of which is how messages are displayed.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    You have your "Preferences" set differently than the default. Go into the "Settings" menu (top right of screen) and fiddle about in the "General Settings" in the left-hand menu box to see what you can customize- one of which is how messages are displayed.
    Fixed now. Thanks Eric

DaveD
    If you don't live on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

+ Reply to Thread