ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Valve stem for a crosman 400

Valve stem for a crosman 400

I need a new valve stem for a crosman 400, the stem of the valve that is in it is to short, someone must have put the wrong valve stem in it or have some other wrong parts in it

the crosman parts manual say the 400 takes the 150-60 valve stem, the same stem that is in the 150, but I took a 150 apart and the valve stem in it is the exact same as the one that came out of the 400 that is to short.

I have double checked the stem length needed for the 400, unless they somehow got the wrong main tube on it, it would be imposable for the 150 valve to work in a 400

can someone clear up this as to what valve stem goes in a 400 and where I can get one?

it would seam that a 160 vale stem should work in it, from what I can guess based on what I have looked into.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Stan

thought Eric would have chimed in on this by now

I may need to buy the valve of the crosman the QB was based on, I have a QB here and tested the valve fit and found the stem to be to thin, china must have made it metric.

Eric do you have some valves for what ever crosman gun the QB was based on? will need a few of them and some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero-Tec View Post
    thought Eric would have chimed in on this by now
    Stan, Eric is gone to the shot show so it may be awhile til he posts again! Unless he took his computer with him that is!
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

I'm alive- but sitting in Vegas now. Show starts tomorrow.

What is the length of the 'too short' valvestem from end-to-end? (including the head).
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

the one that was in the 400 I have is 1.675 long and does not protrude past the inner plug

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    I'm alive- but sitting in Vegas now. Show starts tomorrow.

What is the length of the 'too short' valvestem from end-to-end? (including the head).

+ Reply to Thread