ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

Thread: Hatsan at44-10 5 screw mod failure continued.

Threaded View

Hatsan at44-10 5 screw mod failure continued.

Click image for larger version Name: better than set screws.jpg Views: 0 Size: 95.4 KB ID: 1102Click image for larger version Name: valve two peices.jpg Views: 0 Size: 96.0 KB ID: 1103Click image for larger version Name: valve failure.jpg Views: 0 Size: 100.3 KB ID: 1104

I managed to remove the trigger mechanism and the rear assembly of the hammer tube. That opened it up enough to see what had happened following the valve body failure.
    Apparently after valve broke the smaller piece was driven into the hammer with great force. The hammer however was already locked in place by that wishbone shaped lever that is intended to prevent the hammer form rebounding after striking the valve stem. The force on the hammer bent the lever at right angles and could no longer release the hammer and so the it couldn't be cocked. I removed the damaged lever and was able to disassemble the rest of the gun. I repaired the lever and finished cleaning out the debris (set screws, epoxy pieces everywhere).
    As you can see in the picture I repaired the valve body with real silver (4.75%) solder but decided not to use it because it's too dangerous. If it fails again and the valve stem gets knocked out it would be like a bomb going off. Instead I see it as a better solution to plugging the 5 holes and the channel for the next valve body.
    Attached Images Attached Images