ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: shightin in

shightin in

have not been on here for long time. have been shooting 17 hmr for while, and now bought a crosman nitro venom dusk in .22. my question is how to sight in this rifle? can u use a matrix
    gun rest to sight in.? read u are always supposed to rest in palm of hand. from experience guys, what the proper way thanks tin advance. teddy

Spring, or in this case strut, powered rifles do not like being held rigidly, the shot cycle/spring-strut movement cause a recoil effect in both directions (a bit less so with a gas strut, but it's still present) and if the rifle is held too tightly or has a very rigid rest, it will 'fight' against it and shot consistency will not be very good.

Look up "artillery hold" on Google and start there. Some rifles may prefer a bit more firmness on the forestock grip (as opposed to no grip at all, only a 'supprt')- but this is a matter of experimentation.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Can u uses and bags , gun rest to sight in. Dis gun rest allow that backward /forward motion enough movment for sighting in. Always had gas or pump up had one springer before before and sold it.revwies say it's not Too bad a gun. Scope doesn't last. What's ur opinion I'm a crosman an fan teddy . This spell check is the pits

? I have no idea what you just asked- using a shooting bag is likely ok- just don't push it into the bag. No idea what is in the rest of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    ? I have no idea what you just asked- using a shooting bag is likely ok- just don't push it into the bag. No idea what is in the rest of your post.
    I know what im after. sorry to bother u .I wont bother u again teddy

It's not "bothering' - but the spelling is so far off it is hard to understand what you are asking- I am assuming you are using some sort of handheld device and it is attempting to correct things and not doing a great job of it.

+ Reply to Thread