ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crossmen tr77nps

Crossmen tr77nps

High new to the form , I just bought a tr77nps 495fps and now I see that the same gun in the U.S. Is 1200 fps . What I would like to know is has this gun been detuned for Canada and if so is there a way to get it back to 1200 fps and how do I do it . Yes I do have a firearms acquisition certificate . Thanks any help is greatly appreciated .

Most airguns sold in Canada that do not require a firearms license ("FAC" hasn't existed for 16 years- time to get a PAL) have been detuned. Not all have been detuned, some guns are only able to shoot, for example, 400fps.

The TR77, if you have a PAL, can be brought up to its full-power level with a kit, the problem being there are no kits anywhere at the moment as the manufacturer (Crosman) has been out of one of the critical parts for awhile- no ETA that anyone is aware of.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

The version Canadian Tire was selling, at least at one point had the full power ram and a piston with a bleed hole.
    This makes the rifle very harsh. It can be restored to full power if you have a PAL by filling the bleed hole in the center of the piston face.

It is not just a bleed hole that detunes (many of) these rifles- the struts are also weaker (less pressure). Alot of people have made this claim, but when they actually put in the proper strut they find their original assumption (or instructions heard from other people on the internet) is somewhat wrong- plugging the hole alone raises the power, but not to its maximum output.

The kit with all the proper parts is available now: http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/...pair-kit-p-837

+ Reply to Thread