ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: xs60c info needed please

xs60c info needed please

hi. i live in the UK and we have just had the xs60c released over here as the xs501. great little rifle with a couple of issues mainly around seal quality. can anyone give me the size of the seal between the main tube and the action ? thanks

If you can find a kit for the QB78/AR2078 (sold under the "SMK" name in the UK)- the seals are the same sizing, but you won't need the transfer port seal used on the QB/AR rifles on the XS60, and you will be one less of the valve outer o-ring (re-use one you have, use the one in the kit- there really is no definitive reason the XS-60C valve has two valve casing o-rings).
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

thanks for the reply . i was of the understanding that the seal i'm referring to is square section. is that incorrect ? it shows as part number 25 on the exploded diagram and fits between the co2 tube and the action. if it is just a round section o ring i do have some. thanks

the seal i'm referring to is shown on the parts diagram between the forend of the stock and the co2 tube

Yes, it's a square section, of quite a hard material, and I believe it is unique to the XS-60c.... It is also problematic in terms of getting it to seal.... If you overtighten the tube into the receiver it pops out of place....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Quote Originally Posted by rsterne View Post
    Yes, it's a square section, of quite a hard material, and I believe it is unique to the XS-60c.... It is also problematic in terms of getting it to seal.... If you overtighten the tube into the receiver it pops out of place....

Bob
    thats the info i was after thanks. is there an aftermarket replacement for this seal ? when i emptied the co2 from mine after shooting , i could hear a seal popping and crackling. i assumed it would be this one but maybe not. could be one of the valve outer o rings

As indicated, find a kit for the SMK 78 in the UK: http://woodfield-gcp.co.uk/?product=...als-bolts-kits

Where is the square section seal used where the tube screws into the receiver used in a QB7X ?.... I've never seen one in a QB....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

That is the one part that won't be in the QB seal kit- the other seals are usable on the XS-60. Unless someone is going to measure every seal for him, he will need to acquire what he can/where he can in the UK (and I haven't seen any XS60 seal kits for sale in the UK thus far).

If Umarex products are sold in the UK- specifically the Umarex Fusion- if you have a local repair depot, they should be able to acquire the seals from Umarex.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

thanks for the effort chaps. HE has all the other seals but have not as yet stripped the rifle. just wondered whether any of you boys over the water had the spec on that seal.

+ Reply to Thread