ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 2240 build

My 2240 build

Bought some 4130 tubing from SeanMp a few years ago with an idea to build a double tube 2240. Put the idea into action and its close to being finished. It has some mods that everyone does as well as a rear cock dual power hammer. Made a nice shooter for the targets and pests.IMG_20150214_122202.jpg
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

Spilled Milk
    Now that's what I'm talking about! Awesome fore grip but I'm really interested in knowing how many shots you get and at what psi? Super cool. Airgun mods people make are awesome to see. Imagination, creativity and craftsmanship all in one shot! (Get it, one shot lol! ok I'll be quiet...)

Thanks, I spend a lot of cold hours in my unheated garage working on these creations. Far as shot count way more than I'm willing to waste finding out..lol. Especially in this crap -100 kinda weather here for the last month. It seems to use about 300 lbs/ 30 shots from 2800 fill down to 2500lbs. I'm very happy and attribute the air usage to the dual power hammer design along with stiff spring and short throw. Tried full power a few times and way more juice than I need along with about double air usage per shot. No hammer bounce and also shooting dime groups just messing around till warmer weather so its a keeper.

Spilled Milk
    " I spend a lot of cold hours in my unheated garage" "Especially in this crap -100 kinda weather here for the last month"

I hear you brother. The combination will do "wonders" for the knees.

In any case, thanks alot for all those details about the enhancements. It's these things that really help others "know" the potential that an airgun mod is capable of. Totally awesome!

Thanks again.

Why the rear-cock hammer? For the dual-power setup, or so you could cram more spring in?
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

It started as a dual power only now its just one speed. I kinda like the rear cocking, just like an old cooey

Still working on the little things like a custom roller bearing trigger..sweet! Have new high mounts and a new scope in transit.IMG_20150411_103910.jpg

That carbon fibre bbl jacket is a nice touch!

What retains the fore-arm piece to the tube? I'd like to do something preferably in wood for my current new build- it looks un-finished with all that bare tube hangin out

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

IMG_2015042659212.jpg looks a Lil different now as well with a new 25cal barrel, P-Rod trigger block, and a 3-9x56mm mildot scope. This is an ongoing project. The forearm is held on by two 10/32 tapered hex head bolts, one in the barrel/ tube band, and one in an extended stud in the front trigger block hole.
    Last edited by remtom1200; May 16 2015 at 05:00 PM. Reason: wasn't finished replying

+ Reply to Thread