ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

Thread: Why is my AirHawk Shooting 540+!!!

Threaded View

Spilled Milk
    Wow, that's very interesting. I've read I can "re-tune" it by adding a Diana 34 mainspring or Vortek kit (Whatever that is) but I wanted to keep it below 500 in order to allow friends to use it. But imagine going to a store, purchasing an airgun and then being charged with possesion of a firearm, without even knowing it! I guess some people would just thank the skipped Q.C. on that one. I'm going to shim it later on (if I don't go to the range) and see if the 'breech seal mod' actually adds fps. Comparing the depth of the breech seal with other similar air guns (Hatsan Youth - great airgun btw!) it seems as if an Air Hawk has no seal at all. Anyways thanks for the spring infor AirGunEric, I hate to diesel an airgun. Hate that smell. (Wonder if MNR recognizes it and starts asking some 'questions' when they do. On that note, has anyone ever heard of MNR having a Chrony?) Anyways, thanks again. Always a great help.
    Last edited by Spilled Milk; Feb 14 2015 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Always spelling corrections.