ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't really qualify as "Craftsmanship"- but it was my "first" airgun (1077) mod...

Doesn't really qualify as "Craftsmanship"- but it was my "first" airgun (1077) mod...

Years ago, when I got tired of merely swapping parts around, I decided my 1077 needed some sort of "bulk fill" without using the Crosman AirSource adapter. So (and excuse the primitiveness of it all) I sanded/filed and drilled/tapped (all manual using hand tools) this wonderful (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) 1077 Bulk Adapter.

And no, this was never going into production despite the high-quality craftsmanship...

bulk_drilledtapped2.jpg bulkfront2.jpg bulkcomplete2.jpg bulkw_hose2.jpg bulkinstallcomplete2.jpg

And yes, that is the back-end of a 1077 AS adapter.

My point here I guess is that "everyone has to start somewhere"...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

nice hand work , it seams to work just fine

It works quite well (worked? it's been awhile since I used it)- just not cut quite straight and a bit lacking in the 'cosmetics' department.

it may be a bit crooked , but it's nothing ... 1000 time bether than KG works

Quote Originally Posted by poil27 View Post
    it may be a bit crooked , but it's nothing ... 1000 time bether than KG works
    Jeeese Poil....you made me spew coffee! KG would get along fine if he'd ask questions first, and maybe listen to the answers.

We do indeed all start "somewhere"....now that we've seen where you've been Eric....where are you now?

Al

About 1/2 a step above that- my problem the last 18 months is I have NO time for "fun stuff" and am often running around like a chicken with no head. Looking forward to my new assistant starting whom I hope is more capable of working unsupervised than the last one... then maybe I can back to what I want to do, shoot stuff and experiment with parts/pieces- although this is looking unlikely (a couple announcements will be following by the end of February on what's new for me, and for everyone else).

So- if my next 'project' turns out a bit 'off'- you'll know why. I did get a lathe a couple years back, so now I can at least put out straight pieces!

i never tough this coment was so hilarious :P

as for your assistent eric i'm sure all will be allright keep us posted on your projects as well it's always interesting. i hope your anouncement will be good ones

Quote Originally Posted by poil27 View Post
    i hope your anouncement will be good ones
    Absolutely- one will solve an ongoing service problem for some products bought in Canada, the other on some new stuff- heck maybe by then there will be even more!

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    A couple announcements will be following by the end of February on what's new ... for everyone else.
    I am looking forward to an XS60C, and a few more....
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    So- if my next 'project' turns out a bit 'off'- you'll know why.
    The "why" would be that, just like the rest of us, you're learning. As long as a fellow is learning, it's all good.

Besides which....there are those who would say "I" am a "bit off" as well....so I find nothing wrong with that. ;)

Al

+ Reply to Thread