ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 760 valve

Spilled Milk

760 valve

So if I was looking for a complete 760 valve, do I just call up Crosman in Quebec and just order it? That easy?

No, you call scopesandammo.com in Ontario and order one.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Spilled Milk
    LOL! Sorry Eric, forgot you had more then what was listed on the site. Got to get another 24" barrel sometime next week. I'll ask you about it then. Wanted to replace the pump setup in an m4-177 with a PCP type long tube and one way nipple and gauge "attached" to the 760 valve. Links? Advice? I'm sure someone has done this one before countless ways.

Thanks

I don't know that anyone has done this to an M4- but it is a re-packaged 760:

http://www.airgunhome.com/agforum/vi...light=pump+co2

One problem you will encounter- not enough meat on the valve head to drill and fit a connector in my view- do you have access to a MIG welder and some aluminum wire? (build up the head/cap of the valve and drill through) or a lathe to machine a custom cap (mind you, if you had these tools I guess you wouldn't need a new valve) ?

Spilled Milk
    'not enough meat on the valve head to drill and fit a connector '

I was wondering if that was going to be the case and was pretty much just hoping it wasn't. I just have access to a drilling and threading. Not much gear where I am right now. (Not totally settled in yet.) As an alterantive, I was going to forget the front portion of the valve and replace it with a long tube capable of handling the pressures and then just putting a check valve/fill nipple on the end. A type of hipac system but using lower pressure. Maybe I could thow a gauge somewhere in there as well if I found the right parts. If you know of a link to a mod like this I would appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Spilled Milk
    I was looking at the exploded view for a Benjamin PCP rifle. (I think the model was BP22GM.) Saw the whole pcp system and and I figure I can replicate it using a HPA regulator with gauge and nipple already built in. But now I'm thinking, why don't I just mod the tube and valve to operate just like a 2240? Is that possible. Are diameters the same?

Thanks

LOL! Should have checked the link before I posted! And thanks again. Theres an example right there!

Spilled Milk
    Sorry for this next definitive newbie quesyion, but can I swap out a 760 valve for a 2240 valve? Are their diameters the same? (Then cut tube,thread and add Powerlet Eliminator.) Is this going to work or am I doomed to fail with this one?

No, the valve diameters are different- the 2240 is larger (and the gun has a larger diameter tube to accommodate it).

Spilled Milk
    Hmm.. Guess I'm gonna have to try this one the hard way. (But hopefully not the expensive, experimental way.) OK, so now I'm thinking:

-Remove the front portion of the valve.
    -Work an extension tube and valve piston spring retainer, in order to extend the valve.
    -Cap it off and add a three way coupler with a gauge and a fill nipple/check valve.

Am I on the right track? One question. What is the O.D. and I.D. of the valve? Online I could only find the diameter of the 1322 valve and the 2240 valve, which were listed as being .618" and 0.426" respectively. Wait a minute? I have one of these valves, I could measure it myself! Doh!! However if someone knows the size of a standard tubing that fits that would be awesome!

Thanks.

Spilled Milk
    The valve looks like 3/8" schedule 80 which according to Google has a working pressure of 950 psi. There looks like a solid 1/4 inch of metal from the valve cavity, and the coned fill port. You don't think a 3/8" brass npt nipple cold get it's way in there safely AirGunEric? My valve is not brass btw. I'm almost guessing it's aluminum.

+ Reply to Thread