ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sticky Bolt

Spilled Milk
    This is always a great topic but here is the real deal. If you point a gun at your neighbor, whether it is detuned or not. It has now become a firearm by law and you are now subject to being criminally charged as if it was a full blown Glock 17. If you go hunting with it, whether it is detuned or not, if you run into RCMP, OPP or MNU, then you will be charged for hunting with a pistol which is illegal in Ontario. (And if you thought owning a gun was illegal, try breaking a hunting regulation!) These organizations are way too busy to go around barging down peoples door with a swat team over an alleged indication that they may have modded a 2240. That is the real truth of the matter. No one has to "get up and run" to register their moddded 2240 because by the time anyone cares, they would simply detune it back if they wanted to keep it anyways.

Modding is a learning experience for air gunners and there are ALOT of crimes going on out there and very little of them have to do with air guns. A 2240 is a plinker. The law says you can't hunt with it. (In Ontario anyways.) So that limits it to shooting at a pellet catcher in the backyard. Bottom line. But even detuned, it is still a plinker that you can't point at your neighbor or hunt ith. Hunting with it and pointing it at people are both a no no. Detuned or not, these actions will really get a person in serious trouble. In the meantime the RCMP, MNU and OPP are dealing with illegaly imported drugs, hand guns and animal parts which are very real crimes. Playing with a 2240... Sorry, but the world is much more ugly then that.

Spilled Milk
    Steady 484 fps with 850 psi, shooting the 14.3 grain Premier Hollow Points. Now that's closer to a 1322 and with free fuel. Can't go wrong. Except for the leaky quick connector to the hose. Can't seem to get rid of that constant little hiss! And how far is the powerlet eliminator suppose to enter into the CO2 housing anyways? I'm worried I'm going to break something internally. Anyone have a quick leaky hose trick? (No urinary jokes please. Thank you.)

Anyways. Good to have a cool looking 2240 that won't waste my budget on CO2's.

Spilled Milk
    Crappy Kill House brand nipple. Went with the hose attachment or the bottle direct. At 850 psi she pushes a clean and consistent 485 fps. Next I think I'll try the AirHawk breech seal shim and see what that does. Got some washers at HomeDepot today. Anyways...

IMG_20150210_200527.jpgIMG_20150210_200516.jpg

What's a "Kill House"- a 'new' relabeled Chinese part or something?
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Spilled Milk
    Yeah, you got it exactly. Some brand of paintball accesories. New or old I don't now. It was a cheap male/female quick disconnect pair. Now the picture is all American made parts except for the On/Off valve. I don't know where they make the powerlet though. Solid brass, can't go wrong.

Spilled Milk
    So it wasn't the bolt. It seems the extended bolt probe does not like the steel breech either. I'm not forcing the bolt this time! I'll just keep the plastic breech again. Any ideas on how to remove the handle from the brass bolt or drill out a broken bolt for that matter?

Thanks.

If the breech slot is machined off (it has occurred before)- send it to the Crosman warranty center for replacement.

The factory "brass" bolt handle pulls out from the bolt (it's pretty much useless after that).
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

+ Reply to Thread