ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sticky Bolt

Spilled Milk

Sticky Bolt

Hey everyone...

Just added a steel breech to a crosman 2240 but the bolt/bolt handle is stuck pretty solid and does not move. I have to loosen it to the point that it is almost not screwed in. Any words of wisdom from the forum?

Thanks.

Spilled Milk
    So after putting everyhting together, it seems a bit better. It now kinda moves. Still pretty sticky though. Any advice on getting the original brass bolt handle, loose from the brass bolt with a minimalist set of tools?

Thanks

Spilled Milk
    It seems like the bolt handle is bent just enough to get stuck. Just my luck. I get a defective one. Where's the Q.C. Crosman?

Spilled Milk
    Man what a piece of junk! Trying to cycle it by hand the bolt handle broke off!! There goes the bolt and handle. Where does this garbage come from? What a waste of money the steel breech is.

Try rotating the bolt 180* and inserting the handle from the other side....

Whoops, guess I'm too late....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Spilled Milk
    No worries. Thanks anyways. I thought I had it but my imaptience got the best of me. Oh well, lesson learned, keep it cool with the bolts. Gonna just get an extended bolt probe from scopesandammo (they still have the best price) and see what it and the steel breech does for a 1322. (From what I understand the bolt handles break often anyways.) See if that and shimming the pump cup will up the fps.

Thanks again.

Spilled Milk
    In any event. After a broken bolt and a stuck CO2 cylinder (Yes I didn't oil it because I'm going to hook it up to HPA) I finally did the simple mod and a chrony with a 2240. (What? I don't get a turn?) In any case, added two items from scopes and ammo:

24" Barrel - http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/...4-barrel-p-465

13xx Spring - http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/...h-spring-p-652

After 8 C02 releases, the first chrony reading was 517 fps. I have the exact numbers from a CO2 cylinder before and after the additions. Using 14.3 grain Premier hollow points, I got 15 good shots above 440 and 10 good shots above 500. Died at 30 shots. Not bad for two simple add ons. Next is the HPA test. First I'll try 850psi and maybe go up to 1200psi to see the difference. Don't want to ruin the gun though.

Anyways, ordered the bolt from scopesandammo last night. Eric is great with getting the shipments out quickly, so I can't wait to see what the steel breech is like on a 1322. I'll let the forum know.

Thanks

Over 500 fps with a 2240 requires an R-PAL and registration, regardless of barrel length (one a pistol, always a pistol, in the eyes of the RCMP).... Don't forget to pin the valve because once you seal it to the tube to use HPA you will have hundreds of lbs. of end force on it.... HPA is dangerous, BE CAREFUL....

Bob

Spilled Milk
    Yeah I was actually quite concerned about that since I only have a Non-Rest. So I did the mods at my friends house who has his Res and it belongs to him now. I think I'm going to see if taking the spring out returns it to a detuned. But tonight (or tomorrow) I'm going to HPA it at 850 fps and see if it that puts it at about 450+ with consistency. Then I'll just keep it as is and the law will simply call it an air gun. In any case, I'll detune it again, just cause I want to keep my 2240. LOL! (Wouldn't dare try and mod a detuned M4-177. From what I understand as soon as that happens it falls into the Prohibited Category. What a pain owning one of those must be.)

But here is a question... The 1322. Will adding a stock to that make it a rife? Technically if a gun has a barrel less then 18 inches "from the factory" but is 26 inches in length overall, it is a non-restricted item. That is how you get things like the Norinco PD-12 and other short barrel guns. But I digress....

Thanks for pointing it out rsterne. It's always important to remind people of the law when it comes to modding an air gun. If a person does not have a non-rest. they better find a friend who does and the same goes for if they don't have a rest.

That's why I love plinking with my Umarex Buckmark. 300 fps if I'm lucky and shoots all day long. Pop cans beware!

The 13XX and 2289 are also classed as pistols.... R-PAL and registration required if over 500 fps.... The fact that Crosman make carbine/rifle versions now doesn't matter to the RCMP....

Bob

+ Reply to Thread