ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question regarding AirForce 3-Stage Hand Pumps

Spilled Milk

Question regarding AirForce 3-Stage Hand Pumps

Total newbie to air gunning. Hunted with cross/bow for years. New at it but I absolutely love air gun hunting. It requires both precision and getting close. Anyways, that's my story here is my question. I have a number of air guns and am now searching for the most "consistent" system. After not finding C02 not to be reliable for precision, I moved to experimenting with HPA. So I went and got a QB79D and the necessary equipment to make it HPA. Wow! It was easy to do and made aiming very reliable. So stupid me I also go out and by an air pump. Guess which one... an Airforce 3-Stage Hand Pump for PCP rifles.

I have never used a pump. I have watched demo videos of the Airforce and have read that internally, the Airforce and the Benjamin pumps are identical. (Can anyone confirm?) So, all of these videos use the "adapter" thread and fills the tank from the top.(?) I have a Ninja HPA tank and just want to be sure that I can use this the "usual" way by filling it through the Fill Nipple of the HPA tank. (Like I see in other videos.) One thing to keep in mind is that I have not even unboxed it yet, so if this is a stupid question feel free to let me know. I can take it.

Thanks much.

The Airforce and Benjamin pumps are essentially the same unit- both from the same Chinese factory, both sold to Airforce and Crosman by the same US supplier.

However, I am not clear on what you are stating in respect to "adapter thread and fills the tank from the top"?
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Spilled Milk
    Thanks a lot for the confirmation on the Airforce/Benjamin. About the nipple adapter and the top thing. The pump instructions says to screw an included HPA type valve with a male quick release to the top of the tank where I connect the air hose to the air gun. From what I understand, to fill the tank with the pump, I have to simply plug the quick-disconnect on the pump to the male quick release nipple on the tank. Am I wrong? Most of the videos I have seen use PCP guns and I have only had my tank filled once at a paintball shop. (Not seeing how.) I'm just trying to stay safe. I do need to learn a lot more about these tanks and pumps. All I know is to keep the pressure down to a safe limit. May reduce velocity, but it makes up for it in consistent accuracy. Anyways, thanks again and I'll spend some time doing a bit more learning about HPA tanks.

Spilled Milk
    Thanks for confirming the relation between the Airforce and the Benjamin AirGunEric. I spoke to a fella at a paintball shop and then tried it out. Works fine. Thanks again. Now I can refill small tanks in the middle of nowhere. Bonus!

+ Reply to Thread