I got some time to mount and align my laser today, and it looks like the concept will work as intended.... HOWEVER, the spot the laser makes on the target is too large for the desired precision.... At 100 yards, at 12X, the spot is about 1.25 MilDots high by about 0.75 MilDots wide.... Yes, you can judge where the center is pretty good, but trying to guess closer than 1/4 MilDot (the way I did up the chart in the first post) would be hopeless.... In addition the rigidity of the mount is in question.... If you apply pressure to the laser in one direction and then release, note the position on the crosshairs, then apply pressure in the opposite direction and release, the spot moves about 1 MilDot at 100 yards.... This would negate any useful rangefinding ability at that distance.... Below 50 yards it would be decent, but below 45 yards I'm within my Point Blank Range anyway and don't need a rangefinder....

Sooooooooooooo.... the concept works, but as with anything like this, the devil is in the details.... IMO for it to be useful it needs a smaller laser dot, and a very rigid mount to be more than a curiousity.... It could be made to work well in FT, but it's probably not allowed....

Bob