ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crosman 2400XT

Crosman 2400XT

I am pretty new to airguns but not shooting and wanted to get something I can shoot at the house. After doing a good bit of reading I stumbled across the Crosman 22xx series of guns. I like to modify things and found that this model works well with that mentality so this leads me to my next question. Is this a good gun for general use. Ill be using it for target shooting and maybe shooting an occasional snake if necessary. I like accuracy and the ability to make some parts to improve it.

This leads to yet another couple questions. What caliber is better for what I want to do .177 or .22? I keep seeing where people have or have cut their barrels to 14.5". That isnt an option as far as buying one so what is the deal? Currently 10",18" and 24" are the options. I know with .22 rimfire rifles we found that 16" was about he best barrel length for velocity and after that you tend to start slowing it down since the .22 rimfire doesn't have much powder. If that is the case here then it would make sense that you would want something a little shorter for a CO2 propellant since it isnt as powerful. So long story short, what barrel length is good to go with?

For those of you with this airgun is there anything good to look into changing right off? I know the trigger needs work but thats an easy fix. If im looking at this right does it NOT come with a rear sight unless you get the target peep sight?

Thanks for any help.

The "2400KT" is not a gun in-and-of-itself, it is the generic label put on products from the Crosman "Custom Shop". All of these models are based on the basic 2240/2250/2260 platform, you just vary the exterior items such as the barrel length and caliber, removable stock or not, any wood grips, etc. Basically, the "base" price is for no specific configuration and you add what you would prefer.

That being said, what you are getting for the base price is essentially a 2250 with a steel breech, minus the sights.

On this platform, an 18" barrel works well in .22 caliber, .177 24"- anything shorter and you would need to trim the hammer spring or install an aftermarket hammerspring adjuster or you will just be wasting Co2 needlessly.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I have been looking more and more at the XS60C after reading some about it. I wish there was a CO2/PCP version where I could use either power source. I think I read where you said you could charge the XS60C to 1500 psi but I could be mistaken. I doubt you would get too many shots from the CO2 length tube either. I like the idea of the consistency of PCP but I dont have the support equipment let alone the extra cash for it. I may try to make a shoebox type pump sometime and see if that works.

+ Reply to Thread