ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thinking of buying a Norica Rifle - Owner Opinions sought and Welcomed

Thinking of buying a Norica Rifle - Owner Opinions sought and Welcomed

As I am considering buying a Norica air rifle I am very interested in hearing from any of the forum members who own any of the Norica models.

Which model do you have?
    Is it a springer or gas piston/ram?
    How well made are they, fit and finish?
    What is the accuracy capability and consistency and at what range?
    How are they for recoil?
    Are they hard on scopes, prone to scope creep?
    Would you class it as a humble backyard target puncher or a good starting out potential FT /Silouette contender?

If money and space were not issues I would have one of every make, model and variant of air rifle available. The reality, that won't be happening anytime soon. So I am hoping the members of this forum will share their knowledge and experiences with the Norica line of air rifles. My thanks.

Norica Black Eagle first impressions

Wow.....

The stock is what they call vaporized beech with a two tone water based dye and it is so nice... I didn't think it was wood as strange as that sounds. hard to explain. And apparently I am not the only one to fall for the old "its too good to be wood" trick. Beautiful thing. And perfect length and shape for me. very comfortable.

This is the Canadian sub 500 detuned version.

Eric from Scope and Ammo has lent one to the Greater Toronto Airgun Club (GTAC) crew for the few guys who are PAL without sub PAL guns to play with (until we are PAL ok'd...soon...) and give some feed back on as well. I got it Thursday last and have put a few rounds through it downstairs already.

The FO sights are amazing for my old eyes. 3 shots to zero them and then all in one hole from 20 feet rested with my crappy grizzly 22 lead mushrooms.

The end of barrel and sight mount plastic have a neat ribbing in to like finger grooves which makes it very easy, secure and comfortable to cock and hold while loading. So far the trigger feels very good and I am not adjusting anything though it is adjustable. I like the auto safety feature and location. Very ergonomic and intuitive for me more so than the thumb release versions..... but you need to make a point of it still.

I don't have a chrony or pellet selection so I am sure some of the guys from GTAC will give it a more technical run down and at the longer range ( I will send a few down the long range Mondays just for fun).

All in all for a non technical first time impression review I am liking this gun for sure.

I made room downstairs late that night to get out to 25 ft and shoot some more offhand...wobble wobble thump thump...dizzy dizzy oh crap...

And here are the best 3 groups out of 5 groups of 5 shots. All not much more than 1 inch c2c and some better. It seems my first shot in each group is almost a flyer high and left as I had already forgotten how little recoil there is an over compensated then settled down for the next 4. still using the grizzly lead zeppelins.

I still am impressed with how well it shoulders. Shooting well rested and in the daytime I am sure (or would like to be sure) things would be even better.

Hope this helps.

Murray
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Shoot straight and shoot safe

plinkercase.ca

Pinkercases,

I appreciate your initial impressions, the techy stuff has its place as does the personal touch. It will be interesting to see what the other GTAC members have to say. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread