ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin classic .22 with a new lense

The more internal moving pieces, the more likely it won't hold up behind a springer. I might advise that an 8-32 is probably the worst possible choice. That being said, even a "full power" Classic .22 is only a "mid-range" shooter in respect to power, so it might stay together.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

You're scaring me, but I suppose I should heed your advice and tread with caution :) How does a scope with a larger range of zoom options differ from a lower powered model? and make it more susceptable to injury from a springer.

higher power has more precise mecanisem , more part and range of movement betwin them, making them more sencitive to shock . A sprigner , as you know, has a dreadful dual recoil it push in your shoulder in the first part of the cycle and at the end the momentum shift as the mass of the piston colide with the end of the compresion chamber pushing the gun foward. This shift can losssen the retainig ring of lents in the scope , the reticule tube can shift position and making the scope lose the zero.

Quote Originally Posted by poil27 View Post
    higher power has more precise mecanisem , more part and range of movement betwin them, making them more sencitive to shock . A sprigner , as you know, has a dreadful dual recoil it push in your shoulder in the first part of the cycle and at the end the momentum shift as the mass of the piston colide with the end of the compresion chamber pushing the gun foward. This shift can losssen the retainig ring of lents in the scope , the reticule tube can shift position and making the scope lose the zero.
    I have ruined at least two so far!
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

Yeah, I just wasn't following why 8-32 would be worse then say 3-9, I think I'm understanding why its more risky :)

How do u like your Classic?? I have a line on one that is pretty cheap. What kind of groups u getting @30/40/50 yards ? ( and what pellets?)
    Bill

Not sure if I Pmed you my pellets, but I shoot 15.9gr jsb exacts. Good bc and super accurate.

Chronic, any idea if that gun can be "tuned"? Is there a kit to get it over the 500 fps mark?? I noly ask because i am in the process of buying one ( in addition to mt Disco :) )
    Bill

I'll pm you

OK, thnx :)

+ Reply to Thread