In order to finance the purchase of some new shop equipment, I am selling my DAQ .308 Exile, Serial # 1186.... After entering Dennis' lottery in 2011 and being one of the 50 fortunate few who were able to purchase one of his beauties, I received this exquisite example in November of that year.... I did a bit of shooting with the gun at that time, just testing it to find out what it would do.... After finding that the shot string started high and declined with each shot, I removed the hammer spring and "set" it to shorten the overall length.... This gave the gun a "normal" (for me) shot string, delivering 6 shots within a 5% ES, from a 3200 psi fill with 120 gr. cast bullets, as follows:

The last shot in that string was faster than the second shot the way I received the rifle, and the fastest shot was within 3 fps.... and the retuned rifle used less air for 6 shots than it did originally for just 3.... The first 5 shots averaged 825 fps (180 FPE), with less than a 3% spread in velocity.... After that brief bit of development, the gun was carefully stored for 2 years.... When I checked it today, it still had 3000 psi of air in it, so it obviously seals perfectly.... The rifle has a "Standard" grade Quackenbush Walnut stock, and there isn't a mark on either the wood or metal, the gun is absolutely like new.... I still have the original paperwork and the allen key for setting the barrel band, as appear in the photographs below....

If you follow the Quackenbush Air Rifles at all, you will know that because of the difficulty in obtaining one of these rare guns, they bring a premium when they do become available.... I would like to see this rifle stay in Canada if possible, so after posting this on the two Canadian Forums I frequent, I will wait one week, until Sunday, Dec. 15, before offering this gun for sale on the American Forums, where I am quite sure I will have no trouble selling it.... The price is $1300 plus shipping from Coalmont, BC, and you MUST have a valid PAL to purchase....

I do have one 2-cavity bullet mold, for a Lee 120 gr. RN, that I can supply, along with about 125 of those bullets if you simply must get shooting right away.... The bullet the gun preferred, by a small margin over those, was the Lee 113 gr. FN, and I will be happy to give any advice I can regarding the care and feeding of this rare gem.... The mold and bullets are $50 extra.... Anyone interested, please contact me via PM....

Bob