ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xisico XS60C- finally...

I have been drooling over this gun since I first saw it. Cant wait to get one......

Think this is where my xmas money is going. I'm thinking mod to how and a breathing adjustment. Gotta find some fusion posts
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

I was looking for other pics, too-try here:
    http://www.archerairguns.com/Xisico-...le-p/xs60c.htm

Thanks a bunch. Should be a tank block and a 13ci hpa on there.;-)
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

Hey there Gent's, I thought I'd chime in with a mini-view, My XS60c arrived a few days ago, and out of the box I thought I got a lemon, even with Erics reassurances that the gun's didn't leak,,,,mine did,LOL, after 12 carts, and 6 attempts to get this shooter filled, I was ready to throw in the towel, I even e-mailed Eric w/ my concerns, But I thought to give the "Chinese" forum a try, and after my post, I received quite a few tips on how to solve this problem, Simple Really. First, after loading in your 2 carts, remove the bleeder screw altogether, screw on the main cap, then screw in the bleeder screw, just enough to give the top cap clearance to fully screw in, and Voila, No more leaking issues, I've even left the carts in for a few days with no noticeable loss of air. That being said. This gun is G-R-E-A-T!!, Extremely accurate, and that's with any ammo, definitely not pellet fussy, But it absolutely shines with 16gr FX SmoothTwist pellet's, In "Alloy", It was a toss-up, H&N Baracuda's were slightly better than the FTT Green's, Crosman SSP's gave the best m/v, but were not as accurate as the H&N's, Gamo PBA's(Raptors/Platinums) truly sucked with a 10 shot spread that looked like a .410 blast, The Gamo PBA Armour rounds w/ the bb, gave great velocity and were fairly accurate as well. The XS-60c has a great barrel with deep, rich bluing on the outside, and nice lands and grooves on the inside, The sights are fine, but if you plan on using a reguler scope you need to remove the rear sight, if you leave it on, you'll be limiting yourself to a red-dot or an "Acog" type of sight that has a small base, and sits more to the rear. The stock is hardwood, and nicely finished, much more than you'd expect for a "Chinese" gun, but they've certainly come a long way from their old B4's. Another thing I like is the ability to add swivels, something you can't really do on the synthetics. Archer Airgun's have a cap available that completely solves the leaking/O ring problem, but it seems they've changed their shipping rules, They NOW ship everywhere,,,,Except Canada, what a bunch of "A"Holes!!, MM from "Flying Dragons" has something available, but I'm sure exactly what it is, and if its avaiable to the public, or only done by him at his shop, As soon as I find out, I'll let you guy's know. ERIC, You might want to add a "replacement" cap based on the QB design from your Custom shop, I know I would definitely get one. Well, There it is, I'll post a follow up after it warms up considerably, and let you all know how it performs in the field, especially on what ammo it likes. Cheer's, Andy.

The cap is not a problem- and I don't think suggesting to people it is a problem is very fair. If someone doesn't know they should make sure the degasser is screwed outward before putting caplets in, it's not the cap's fault. That being said, there is no need for a "special" cap- if the degassing cap is not wanted, then the standard QB caps fit the XS60C- same size, same threading. Some vendors seem to create alot of "solutions" to problems that don't really exist in order to make a few extra dollars.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I beg to differ, When I first experienced the "problem", I went and took off the Tube Cap from my QB-78D, and although it fits on to the tube, it is not long enough to puncture either Co2 caplet. One of the suggestions given to me on the "GTA" forum was to use a "spacer" in between the 2 Co2 carts, actually Here's a link to the thread I started, http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/...0539#msg560539 ,and here's another link http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/...?topic=56136.0 ,which describes the "problem"?, What else could it be called if not a problem,,,A phenomena??. If it was just as simple as me using my QB-78D's tube cap, That's what I would of done, and then just ordered my-self another,But,When a gun that you've just put 2 fresh carts in, and then go to take a shot the next day, but you can't because all the air has leaked out is called what??????. Even though I thought I had a complete fix to my situation, but the gun still doesn't hold air longer than 48hrs, That's why I've had to ask a fellow GTA member to help me out by getting an "Archer" cap, and sending it up to me, since Archer doesn't send ANYTHING at all to Canada anymore. If someone has any, or another Idea, Please chime in, because I'm open to any, and all suggestion's. I'm not knocking this gun, I really DO like it, but IT does have a design flaw that needs to be rectified.

If the degassing screw was allowing gas out because it was not fully unscrewed- that was a user error, not a cap "problem" as defined by unscrewing it and the mass venting of Co2 stopping.

The original versions of the rifle did have a cap problem- which was re-done by the manufacturer, another vendor talking about rifles they have sold over the course of the the last year, some of which were the prior version does not speak to all versions of the rifle- our shipment came in at the end of November.

If the rifle is leaking all it's gas out since then within 48 hours, that is a problem- but may not be the cap at all- that seems to be an assumption that has been made. However, this is the first I have heard of this from anyone. Two rifles I had tested held gas for well over 96 hours before I vented them. If we're talking about a leak from a soft part (a seal) this would not be a "design flaw" but it may mean a poor seal was used, or your rifle has an issue.

The QB cap situation I will verify- the bulk fill caps fit the XS-60 and there are two different QB caps- an older version and a newer one- I will check and see which is what.

However, I have an issue with "internet diagnosis" when someone has a problem with something I have sold them. If you have a problem- maybe dealing with the vendor on it and not trying to find diagnoses that may not be applicable would be an idea- wouldn't you think? What are you going to do now if you get a cap from someone in the US and it doesn't stop your 48-hour leak? Come back to me then and start screaming bloody murder because of all the time and effort you wasted instead of dealing with me on any issues?

My point is- don't come around with "tips" and "solutions" when, in fact, you have not solved any issues and have yet to define what the actual issue may or may not be. You may think you are being "helpful" to someone, somewhere- but if you leave the vendor of the product out of the loop and take advice from people in the US with older versions of the rifle- you may very well not solve your problems- and if there is a 'problem' with the rifle you were sent, did not provide the vendor with the opportunity to determine what is going on.

Based on my experience with these rifles so far- you do not have a cap "design flaw" issue, but if you have a slow leak, you may very well have a seal issue- perhaps the outer valve o-ring, the cap o-ring or the valve plunger has some dirt on it and is not seating completely. Using an issue that existed on older versions of the rifle as the basis for a long-distance diagnosis is not a proper methodology for determining anything or claiming "design flaws".

Upon investigating all the rifles that came here other than what customers have in their hands already- there are no "design flaw" units to be found. As indicated, all the units shipped to us were from the most recent batch from the factory- i.e. original leak issue was sorted out. There is no "spacing" issue allowing leakage.

If a slow leak situation exists, it is going to be the result of a faulty seal somewhere- maybe the cap, maybe the valve, maybe dirt collected in the valve. Just because these are "new" rifles doesn't make them exempt from normal Co2 gun maintenance- i.e. a bit of oil in with the Co2 caplets every so often, and keeping dirt away from the tube/valve. I have two units now sitting as they came, no lubrication added, filled with Co2 and will fire them once a day for the next week or so and see if they lose their Co2 charge. If so- I will investigate further.

Also, my mis-statement on the Co2 cap from a QB- it is the same threading, and the same Bulk caps will fit the XS-60, but the regular piercing-pin QB caps are (at least the newer ones, I cannot find the older one I had floating around) not long enough. That being said, one US seller of rifles and parts is making a modified cap for the XS60C as a "solution"- but as we have seen from this seller on other items- it is a 'solution' for a problem that no longer exists- the QB-type cap is useful from the perspective of eliminating the degasser if someone doesn't like/want it, but nothing functional beyond a different o-ring than exists on the factory rifles.

Just for anyone with Co2 leaks on any rifle of this sort- i.e. QB78/79, Crosman 160/180, Xisico XS-60 and so on- isolate the parts where there is a potential slow leak- i.e. tape a small plastic bag firmly over the muzzle and close the bolt. Tape a bag over the Co2 cap and forward end of the tube. Wait- see if after a few hours one of the bags has ballooned. If neither have puffed up, the leak is likely the outer valve seal, if one of the bags did balloon- Co2 cap bag, obviously, indicates the Co2 cap is the area of a/the issue, if the muzzle bag leaks, then the valve is leaking gas into the barrel. Process of elimination.

Note: the idea is not to completely seal the bags to be literally like a tied balloon, but enough to ensure that they will expand/puff up if a leak is present.

+ Reply to Thread