ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Best' airgun trigger in people's experience?

"Best' airgun trigger in people's experience?

I am wondering what people find to be the best airgun trigger?

'Best' could be defined as smoothest, good range of adjustment, crispness, overall 'feel' or even cosmetics.

This does not have to be a stock/factory trigger- but something with modifications- I am just trying to see what people find to be the best, no matter what it's from or how customized.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Trigger on the AT44 I find quite good once the parts are smoothed and the unit adjusted to suite.

The 1701P two stage unit suitably smoothed, the slop eliminated and again adjusted to suite...VERY nice IMO.

Have done the spring plunger mod on my QB79 trigger, along with considerable smoothing, shimming and changing springs produces a rather nice trigger...some folks find it too light though. ;)

Have done Lens ball bearing mod to the Crosman single stage (13xx/22xx) trigger groups, with changing the sear spring, smoothing and shimming the slop out and a trigger shoe, it is VERY good as well. Believe we tested it @ ~1.5 lb pull.

Also have a couple of the Stace roller triggers...VERY nicely made pieces, functional bling.

Have one of the Two stage triggers (GTX3 ?) you sell in my Phantom...HUGE improvement and far more usable.

Truth be told, I've yet to run into a trigger assembly that cannot be made at least "acceptable".

Suppose the "nicest" overall airgun trigger I've run into was on Blade57's Ripley AR6. Smooth like silk and crisp like a new dollar bill...if anyone remembers a dollar bill.

Al

Well I grabbed a washer from my bike which seems to be just perfect for my phantom plus removed the spring, long pull but relatively light and smooth. I have nothing but the awful trigger from the trail to compare to. I plan on getting a gtx soon for my trail. Its super hard to hold good groups w/ the trail. Needs to be broken in still though. The phantom's trigger with the washer is really nice though, No mishaps or accidental firing, it has easily 2000 pellets through it from paper punching and duck/squirrel hunting with it a lot. I can't wait to try a gtx in the trail, this gun has potential.

Biggest surprise was the AR 20-78 trigger for me. After a quick and easy de-burr with 400 and 600 grit auto body paper, it's fine. I did change to a lighter pull weight spring- something out of Princess Auto's coil spring grab bag. I actually like the 2 stage take-up. It's a toss-up between this and the out of the box 1701-P Sihlouette trigger.

Too bad I'd have to go to a Canjar for my "C" Sporting repro, just to get similar performance on the p.b. side...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

I've only shot four types of airgun trigger so my opinion is limited. I will say that none are as nice as a decent PB trigger in terms of a clear difference between first and second stage and a clean crisp break from the second stage. All are better than the $900. cross bow I use. Of the airguns triggers the Diana T06 is by far the best I have used, followed by Webly/Zoraki in the Alecto and tied for last place the Diana T05 and 50 year old Slavia 618. Springer and air strut guns have a disadvantage in that they have to hold back a huge amount of energy in the spring and then release it smoothly. Pneumatics have an advantage there.
    Rob.

I prefer the MRod trigger with the "lawyer spring" removed, and the PRod trigger is pretty much as good....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

My favorite stock trigger is the trigger on the Beeman P17.

Marauder pre-Lawyer Spring takes some Beating.....Franky

Rekord trigger on the Weihrauchs. The only other "airgun" triggers I've tried are crosmans and a Diana. The Diana was OK. Haven't tried a Crosman yet that wasn't absolutely awful. Got an air arms on the way. Hoping the trigger is as good as the Rekord.

+ Reply to Thread