ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shooting in Alberta

Shooting in Alberta

Wow what a day .Temp. was plus 8 and Merlin and I went out to our regular spot for some target practice' It was warm enough that Merlin was shooting his 2240s and I shot my Phantom Nitro piston. There was very little wind and things were perfect. 2hours of outdoor shooting on Jan.8th in Central Alberta. Ya can't beat that.

Sounds great fastair! What a great day, 2 buddies and a day of shooting. I am envious right now...
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

This is going to be hard to swallow but we did it again---that is 2 days in a row. Last year at this same time it was about -35 or -40. Today was +8 and we shot our little hearts out once more. It was windier than yesterday and felt a bit cooler but we didn't let a little wind and cool air stop us tough Albertans from an outdoor shoot in the middle of January.

Lucky b@stards!

Mind-you, the last couple days around here have been warmer (around freezing), but also (except today) snowy/rainy.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Well we are back to winter here and the wind is blowing at about 40k. That ends our shooting for awhile till it warns up again.

Yeah it got cold today! Glad I got some out door shooting in on sunday.

Glad you fellas were able to enjoy the weather.

Didn't get to do any shooting myself, but did get one of the qbs gone through and ready for some testing. Just in time for -20's next week.

You guys going to be around and free this weekend? Will be visiting family in your neck of the woods...could do Timmies on Sunday afternoon? I know two...the one at 30ave and 22St and the other off of 67St.

Al

I'll check with Evan but I think that would work. I live not far from the one on 30th and 22nd, and the one on 67th is just a straight run over but is closer to Evan's. I'll check with him tonite and will be seeing him tomorrow to test out s new piece of equipment. Will let you know as soon as I can. Great idea. Can never go wrong with a coffee and lots of airgun show and tell.

That will be great. I sent a pm with my phone number.

Looking forward to it.

Al

+ Reply to Thread