ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diana airgun importer.

Diana airgun importer.

When I talk to retailers they tell me that they get their stock from Umarex, in the USA. That's fine I suppose, it seems to work. I went to the Diana Mayer & Grammelpacher web site (Diana manufacturer) and they list the Diana distributor in Canada as: North Sylva Co., Div. Of Parklands Manor Inc. I know who they are so whats with that? Do North Sylva actually import/distribute any Diana product or offer any product support for it?
    Red.

North Sylva was the Diana importer prior to UmarexUSA getting involved a couple years back. Can't say if North Sylva is currently able to purchase products from Diana or not. Feedback that was posted on them in the past said "customer service" was not great, shipping a package resulted in damage more often than not and it was generally an unpleasant experience. This type of feedback, whenever it was posted on another airgun forum that shall remain nameless, promptly vanished- surely not because one of the forum "officials" is an employee of North Sylva and deleted it. They are primarily an army surplus-type goods and firearm distributor to smaller dealers these days, on lines that they get the "exclusive" to sell in Canada. The interesting note here is that I don't recall ever seeing any positive feedback posted anywhere on North Sylva, ever.

Based on the items offered by the aforementioned employee, I would assume N.S. is still the Diana importer.
    One thing to keep in mind with the Grey Market Diana's from Umarex USA is there is no warranty through Diana.
    You need to ship it to Umarex, who also has a bad reputation for customer service. As I recall, parts and service is why Eric does not carry Umarex products.

Quote Originally Posted by paddyfritz View Post
    Based on the items offered by the aforementioned employee, I would assume N.S. is still the Diana importer.
    One thing to keep in mind with the Grey Market Diana's from Umarex USA is there is no warranty through Diana.
    You need to ship it to Umarex, who also has a bad reputation for customer service. As I recall, parts and service is why Eric does not carry Umarex products.
    I don't understand what you mean by grey market Dianas if Umarex are the official Diana importer for the USA. Grey market products are usually imported after they have been purchased from a source in a part of the world where the retail price is lower than here. They have no warranty because they are technically second hand and they circumvent the the manufacturer's distribution and world pricing plan. It goes against the manufacturer's desire to charge more for products in rich countries than poor countries. Isn't the Diana warranty taken care of by Umarex?
    Not that it matters, airguns are items that should probably not be owned by anyone that can not repair them.
    Red.

They are not "grey market" by any means- but Umarex has not proven to be very useful for parts or service in Canada. It really comes down to being damned either way you go.

I would have talked directly to Diana at this point about carrying their line- but have been trying to sort out things with other manufacturers and frankly, there are way too many springers in the market in my opinion, generally speaking.

+ Reply to Thread