Quote Originally Posted by Gippeto View Post
Had a close look at the barrel on mine...no such marks. Looks like a lathe chuck jaw to me.....

Mine was initially somewhat fussy, and did not group to expected potential...re-worked both ends and seems to like pretty much anything I feed it now...very close call as to what shoots best, very slight edge to the 10.3 JSB still. Have yet to order any Meisters....need to get on that.

Al
Not entirely sure about the marks being lathe chuck marks- if they are, it's a 2-jaw

Those look almost like roll-over crimp die marks- seen very similar on high tensile hydraulic hose end fittings. She coulda skidded a bit too, during boring. I probably have the deep-end cut off here.

I'll keep an eye out for the 10.3 JSB's. Somewhere in my travels, I've seen Cr FT domes in boxes marked .177. Must be Cabela's.

Still can't get over the groups I'm getting with the yellow tin meisters, and yes, they're going fast. Not a huge problem here as Wholesale Sports still have a sleeve or 6 in stock...

Gun doesn't like the 2900 psi it's supposed to be factory tuned for- I'm getting partial valve lock burps and hiccups that high. 2400-2500 seems to be the sweet spot for this pistol...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail