ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QB78 pull down help

I have 2 tubes of pellets through it since rebuild (about 80-100 shots, not keeping close track on shot count). Scope doesn't focus well at 30 ft, although it claimed to focus to 30 ft. Still it's as good as my old 4x scope and this one is pretty good even at 10x at 30 ft so its OK. Anyhow.. groups: Keeping with the JSB Jumbo RS... between nickel and quarter size offhand (30 ft in the garage, 5C about). There is some vertical stringing which I believe is mostly due to power drop if I cycle too quickly. Good news is the pellets now load smoothly, and I haven't seen any of the high-left flyers I was getting before the rebuild. The whole operation is much smoother as is the trigger. Can't wait till the family goes out so I can shoot down in the basement (20C).
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

Quote Originally Posted by Dukemeister View Post
    Can't wait till the family goes out so I can shoot down in the basement (20C).
    We are a pathetic bunch aren't we? We all can't wait for the fam to leave so we can go to the basement and play with our toys!

Sounds like you have your toy purring Dave! Great news...
    Confucious says: He who slings mud, often loses ground!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    Thats great news Duke.

How is the group size since the de burring?
    Sighted the scope, but still shooting in the garage at 5C. Ten yards 10 shots single hole no s&!% with scope at 8x, rifle rested on a ladder tread, me sitting a bit uncomfortable but steady. I'm impressed. I put another 5 shots through the same hole with scope dialed to the max 24x (fuzzy focus but good enough to place them). Then on to some outdoor at 25 yards, just about freezing... no holdover plinking a 2" circular target no problem.
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

One Hole!!!!

That's awesome
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread