ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many people here own an Airforce product (Talon, Edge, Condor)?

How many people here own an Airforce product (Talon, Edge, Condor)?

I'm just curious- seems that there are not that many around, despite the fact most of the online retailers sell them.

If they made a non pal version you would find they would sell better than the Crosman platform guns.

I have one its one of the few guns i am keeping

I like mine. And with the mention of detuning- do people really think there is a marker for a, let's say Talon at $700.00 (HPA) or $600.00 (Co2)? Or an $800.00 Condor (HPA)? They would be more than the 'regular' versions because of the extra work required for the detuning.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

A lighter hammer spring

That's not likely to get by the CFC in order to create a "recognized" detuned product- especially when the hammer spring is adjustable and visible from the rifle's exterior- if a tube without the adjuster and the hammer spring not being visible to be used, then I would agree that this would be viable- but tubes cost money.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

The whole Canadian market must be very small to them. Why would they bother to make a de-tuned gun for an even smaller portion of a small market? If you think that they can compete with cheaper Chinese stuff from Crosman etc with de-tuned made in USA guns that cost two to three times as much, I believe you are wrong. This won't work and hasn't worked in this and other hobbies. Most of the folks (yes not all) who want sub 500 fps guns want them to avoid getting a PAL and they want cheaper rifles, sub $250.00. This is not the Airforce market at all.
    Red.

Ill agree to disagree lol
    Its been proven people will pay good money for a detuned gun. Sniper was selling B51d and they were being snatched up. And still would be if available. Also on the other side, people without PAL buy a non pal gun with the full intent of tuning it above the 500fps mark. I would rather pay 600 for a detuned Talon than invest in a $600 2240.......in the end its still a 2240. But thats just my opinion......I have owned guns from every end of the spectrum.

I don't know that there is a market for a detuned Talon- but it is perhaps something to investigate in any event...

You could well be right. There are a few things that are different between a sub 500fps Talon and this B51d. First of course is the price, and why? Well here's why: The Bam B51d looks like a one time deal through North Silva and Xisco. How are parts for this? Has sniper got lots? How is the quality of Bam guns? I would doubt very much if I would believe anyone that would say that they would NOT hold Airforce to higher standards. We would expect parts to be available from a number of retailers and that the gun would be high quality. We would also be disappointed if they did a one time run of guns and just left the new owners to fend for themselves. We would just expect more from Airforce. They in turn would need to charge more. There would not be a $400 de-tuned Talon just for Canada but a $600 to $700 one (or more with the CDN dollar going down) . In my opinion it would not sell enough copies for it to make sound business sense for Airforce to do this.
    Wanting this to happen is one thing, but like all businesses, Airforce exists to make money for the owners of the company, not supply cool things for you and me to have fun with. Sadly they must justify the production of any new item with that reality.
    Red.

+ Reply to Thread