ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nother Parts Box 13-XX

Nother Parts Box 13-XX

Did another put together from parts laying around.

13-77-C tube with a stiffly factory sprung phase II hammer. It wears the current 13-22 10.1" .22 bbl.

I had been having a bit of trouble last fall with this extended probe bolt blowing open at high pressure. Turns out the sbk handle I was using on it was bent. Could have been mis-adventure- gun had been loaned out to various nephews and grandsons... or, pressure(?) had bent the handle back ??!!
    At any rate, bent it was. Thats a heavier replacement made from discarded steam control parts. Yeah, I know: Cheapskate

There's the probe fully retracted in the sbk breech.

At 25 pumps, this new handle lifts about 1/16" firing a 18.1 gr JSB Exact Heavy. Much better than having the bolt blow wide open and fully retract. Don't really need blow-back on a single-shot a/g.

There's the JSB Heavy at ten pumps, 12 Meters, 6X on the ever reliable 4-12X A/O Banner.

"Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Cont'd

Some new pellets for me to try out.Stoeger/H&N FT domes, 14.66 gr, 12 meters with the set-up in the post above.

5 shots. 3 went into hole at left, 2 at right. These pellets take a bit of shooting in to condition the bore to where they'll group. Separation of the group is likely due to the 26 pound pull weight on the trigger. There's a lot of spring force behind that sear. It's enough to throw groups apart from my rest technique. I think this hammer system is gonna donate the rear cap towards a later date r.v.a. experiment- most likely on a .177 pumper of some kind...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

gotta love throwing things together from spare parts..... *grin*....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

I ran the gun over the chrony last night. I was curious about the effect of that heavy hammer spring.
    It averages 473.8 with the 14.66 gr. H&N FTT dome at ten pumps. Extreme spread on these is very good at just 9.1 FPS.

I'm pleased with that performance out of such a short bbl.

As to the FTT domes- I like them a lot. They must be quite suitable for that FT button at 25 yds. My equivalent of that button is the soda can pull-ring rivet at 12 Meters...

These cans were already compressed...

Those rivets were taken out off-hand, kneeling at 12 meters. Despite the heavy as sin trigger, the gun is very accurate. The crown on this bbl appears to have had some attention at the factory.

I recovered both pellets from the back stop. These FTT domes are just as hard as the heavier Baracuda domes. The heads on them seem to engage the rifling a bit better than the heavier pellet.
    Pellet at left took the rivet out squarely on the nose, while pellet at right took the rivet slightly off center...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

+ Reply to Thread