Not a bad day here, today.

Cabela's Winnipeg store is having a moving sale. Store's kinda empty- last day open before the move.

Looked at the Browning Hi-Power B.B. , d/a only, and passed. The poly-co-polymer frame makes it far lighter than even an empty original. The 79 dollar price point aint bad, but I need another d/a only b.b. pistol like I need a hole in the head.

Guy ahead of me at the gun counter got the last tin of 14.4 gr Gamo copper domes in .22. I guess they are finally wising up on the lead-free front, and making pellets near normal weight. More on this in a bit...

Didn't leave the store empty handed, though. Grabbed one of these:

I'd been after a 32 mm a/o for a while now. They got rid of their crappy demonstrator that I had looked at a year ago. The new demonstrator showed a bright and clear colour corrected image. Simmons 3-9X 32mm A/O. Plain plex reticle. The center wires a shade on the heavy side, but what the heck- 89.95 OTD, taxes included. I'm hoping to get this on one of the 78's- without a riser...

There's the quick focus eye-piece...

...and the objective collar ring. It turns down a bit past the 10 yd marking.

Went down the road aways to Wholsale Sports. They have the Stoeger pellets in now. Doesn't look like the complete line, but enough to peak my interest...

They appear to be copper, rather than "PBA". They are close in weight to my favourite Cr. .177 Ultra Mags...

The X-Powers are kinda steep- 13.99
The F/T domes are 6.99, and look like a H&N die...

Hopefully will have a user report in the next few days...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail