ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not airgun related but neat little divice.

Hybrid View

I used to make these with my scouts out of maple dowel. Pretty amazing little device.

We found fire fungus was the easiest to use
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    I used to make these with my scouts out of maple dowel. Pretty amazing little device.

We found fire fungus was the easiest to use
    I was a scout or should say still a scout...once a scout always a scout....How come my scout leaders never taught us this kind of stuff...??? I want my money back....lol.

I'd like to give that a try...Make one out of a wood dowel. Do you use a dowel and some sort of metal tubing?

PM me Sean or point me to a link. I'd like to learn how to use a dowel to make fire...I know the bow drill fire starting technique but this piston type intrigues me.

Fab
    Remember! Blue side up.

Quote Originally Posted by fabforce1 View Post
    I was a scout or should say still a scout...once a scout always a scout....How come my scout leaders never taught us this kind of stuff...??? I want my money back....lol.

I'd like to give that a try...Make one out of a wood dowel. Do you use a dowel and some sort of metal tubing?

PM me Sean or point me to a link. I'd like to learn how to use a dowel to make fire...I know the bow drill fire starting technique but this piston type intrigues me.

Fab
    Never mind Sean I just did a quick search on the www and found all the info I need....

Fab
    Remember! Blue side up.

+ Reply to Thread